The Irish Examiner Food Festival will be held in Fitzgerald’s Park from July 19th until July 22nd 2012.
It guarantees to create a fun atmosphere around the city and bring the people of Cork together to celebrate Cork food. It will also give the restaurants of Cork an opportunity to show off their delicious menus and culinary skills to a larger crowd and also to new customers. Local Cork producers will also be there highlighting what Cork has to offer locally.
This year we have a number of improvements.
- Ticket prices have been reduced by more than half to €12, children under the age of 12 are still free in.
- We have removed all imaginary currencies; therefore everything will be in cash this allows for a lot more sampling throughout the festival.
- We are using the whole park this year, this allows us to increase the seating area throughout the festival.
- We will have a dedicated area for children and families by the playground, this will be open to the public also.
- There will be live entertainment throughout the festival taking place in two venues; the pond and the band stand.